If there’s anything I’ve learnt over the course of my life, it’s that amazing experiences are made incredible by the company you’re experiencing it with. This holds true for traveling and seeing the beauty of the world as much as it is for enjoying a nice cup of daily coffee.
This past weekend, I got to share in an amazing experience with my girlfriend Vic – from The Lust Listt. You see me with her often and it’s because things are honestly more fun when I get to do them with her. It also helps that our boyfriends, Dave and Peter, are awesome friends… they blog together now too!
So on a beautiful Saturday morning, Vic and I jumped in an Uber and ventured to Yorkdale Mall for Links of London’s new store opening.
Walking into the store was like walking into a quaint boutique in London. There was even a London guard stationed outside of the store. We were greeted within seconds and felt the warmth of their staff immediately. The decor in the store is covetable – Vic and I almost thought about stealing some of their jewelry displays haha
We were there to build our own Sweetie bracelets – an iconic Links of London staple. They are by far the most beautiful “charm” bracelets I’ve ever seen… and I’ve had my eye on them for years. I remember being a kid and asking my mom for one constantly! So needless to say, I was thrilled to get the opportunity to build one myself.
It’s not just about picking it out, it’s honestly a luxury customized experience.
The entire experience was incredible. From the staff, to the branded water bottles, to the laughs and giggles… there was nothing better to kick off the weekend.
I ended up building a mixed metal Sweetie bracelet. I kept it simple to represent the start of a new chapter in my life – Dave and I just bought our house last month and I’m changing up my career direction soon.
You know I’m a sucker for a good metaphor and this bracelet was just what I needed at this point in my life. An hour passed by, mostly because we wouldn’t leave; but the experience wasn’t just like any day of shopping… it was truly an experience. So here are my top 5 highlights and observations during the process (in case, y’know, you’re eyeing one too):
1. Your Links of London representative will become your best friend by the end of your visit. They are so friendly and helpful!
2. They string each and every loop of your bracelet on site, at that moment, by hand. Even your charms get strung, so the entire bracelet doesn’t even look like a charm bracelet. It looks like a custom built piece of jewelry.
3. There’s free engraving! And they’re fast! Perfect for that extra personal touch.
4. Your bracelet is 100% unique to anyone else’s. Because everything’s strung, the separation, amount of links, and pattern of charms is likely never going to look like anyone else’s.
5. It makes for an incredible date day or outing for celebration! It’s not just about picking it out, it’s honestly a luxury customized experience.
And of course, Vic and I had to go home straight away to shoot our new bracelets…
I can’t rave enough about what an amazing experience all of this was… and what perfect timing it had on my life. Every time I look down at my bracelet, I remember that it’s a new chapter in life. I remember that life is a mix of metals… of change, of homes, of careers… but the one thing that doesn’t change is our friends.